The SpinCoil-SQ-1500 is a set of square Helmholtz coils that can generate three-axis magnetic field up to 8 Gauss on each axis. The frame is made of high quality fiber glass. This set is designed for simulation of satellite response in space.
The SpinCoil series of Helmholtz coils are used to generate uniform magnetic field over a certain volume in space. Each set of Helmholtz coils consists of two coils in a special arrangement to maximize the spatial volume of uniform magnetic field. The magnetic field generated is propositional to a DC or AC current into the coil. A field-current calibration data for each set is provided.
Coil dimension: ~1.5 meters on each axis
Maximum continuous field: 8 Gauss on each axis
For more information, please contact us at Sales@micromagnetics.com
- Quality construction: The SpinCoil Series Helmholtz coils use high quality insulating materials for the physical frame. The conducting wires are encapsulated in epoxy for mechanical stability. The physical package and the windings of the wires are manufactured for maximum field uniformity and stability.
- Accurate calibration: We design the Helmholtz coils' physical and electrical parameters based on the theory of electromagnetism. In addition, we provide an accurate experimental calibration data for each set of Helmholtz coil. Calibration accuracy is 0.4%.
- Adaptive platform design: The baseplate of the Helmholtz coils have a set of mounting holes for the installation of sample holder platform in the uniform field region. Customers can either make their own platform or order a sample holder platform.
- Easy operation: Colored banana connectors on the base of the Helmholtz coils are used to connect to external power supply, which each color indicating the polarity of current direction, and field direction.
- Multi-axis magnetic field generation: The SpinCoil series are designed such that single, double, or triple sets of Helmholtz coils can be easily assembled together. As a result, customers can generate magnetic field vectors in X, XY, or XYZ coordinates.
- Customer centered services: We guarantee our products against defective parts and poor workmanship.
The SpinCoil can be used in a wide range of applications:
- Calibration of magnetic sensors
- Measurement of magnetoresistance of magnetic or spintronic devices
- Measurement of Hall effect of magnetic or spintronic devices
- Measurement of magnetic properties of materials, for example, magnetic susceptibility
- Generation of magnetic field in a moderate to large spatial volume
- Generation of static or dynamic, for example, rotating magnetic field vectors
- Educational demonstration of magnetic field generation
- Observation of interaction between magnetic field and magnets
- Generation of zero field environment by cancelling the earth's magnetic field
- Confinement of plasma inside an evacuated container, for example, a glass bulb
- Application in nuclear magnetic resonance experiment