SpinField-2D is Micro Magnetics' two dimensional magnetic field platform. It's used to generate a two-dimensional magnetic field of arbitrary direction and strength. The platform consists of a pair of orthogonal electromagnets capable of generating two independent magnetic fields along the X- and Y-axis. Sample space is a square of 1.5" x 1.5".
- High quality soft iron C-frame construction for minimizing magnetic hysteresis.
- Adjustable pole gaps for balancing sample space and field strength.
- Finite-element designed platform for enhanced field uniformity.
- Excellent thermal management for ambient operation without additional cooling system.
- Magnetic sensor characterization.
- Research on magnetic properties of thin films, crystals, devices.
- Research on spintronics.
- Bio-magnetic applications in magnetic immunoassay, magnetic separation.
- Magnetic hysteresis loop measurement.
- Ordinary and extraordinary Hall effect measurement.
- Magnetic biasing for sensors and other devices.
- Non-destructive evaluation based on eddy current sensing.
- Using rotating field to remotely control magnetic particles.
- Ferromagnetic resonance.
- EPR/NMR spectroscopy.
- Pole diameter: 1.06"
- Pole gap: 1.8"
- Dimensions: 8.5" diameter w. cover, 8" diameter w/o cover, 6.5" height.
- Weight: 21 lbs
- Resistance of coils: 48 Ω (nominal)
- Maximum current: 1 A (sustained)
- Magnetic field: 343 G (X-axis), 337 G (Y-axis)
- Cooling: ambient
X-Y Magnetic Field Sensor Specifications:
- Supply voltage (Vcc): 3 VDC (2.5-3.5V)
- Supply current: 6 mA
- Output saturation: Vcc-0.1V
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/G
- Quiescent output: 0.5 x Vcc
- Noise: 80 mV (peak-to-peak)